- Beatdown: Pool Together
- Beatdown Date: 08/22/2023
- QiC: Heirloom
- Number of Pax: 4
- Pax Names: Gerber (respect), Heirloom, Rah Rah (respect), Scrabble
- Number of FNGs:
Hit repeat on a workout that had light attendance the first time around…
10X of each:
- Good mornings
- Hoe the row
- Start the chainsaw
Finished warm up with 3 legged race down to a sign and back.
Thang #1: Gardening (all workouts Tabata style for 1 minute of working)
- Hoe the row with bands – right arm and then left arm – basically one arm cross-body row (like a snatch)
- Squat and pull weeds – squat down, lift weight – alternating right and left arm
- Train the tomato – holding arms in front, do motion of training a tomato onto twine
- I forgot that weed – lunges to left and right with weights
- Fire ants – move into squat position, fast feet – then jump forward – repeat movement, then jump back until 1 minute passed.
Thang #2: Lumberjack Camp (partner up)
- 1 partner drags the chain up and down the grassy median while other partner starts the chainsaw with bands or weights. Then switch.
- 1 partner looks up and down (sighting the tree for felling) – neck stretch, while other partner lifts the log (squat and lift heavy weight, then repeat. Then switch.
- 1 pair runs the pickle while the other pair does this set: pull the rope – static sit back into band secured around light pole (like a wall sit) while other partner “runs the saw mill” – push into band – static pushing with left hand, right right arm “runs the crank” . Then the Pairs swap. Each pair does each exercise to the point that both arms have “run the sawmill”.
ABS – ring of fire – one person hula hoops for at least 10 loops while everyone else holds boat. Hula hoop rotates around – RahRah got 13 seconds straight on the hula hoop!
COT: Q is reading “Die with Zero” and while agreeing with many of the principles, finds it more encouraging to chose to “live with abundance”.