- Beatdown: Book Drop
- Beatdown Date: 09/27/2022
- QiC: Frito
- Number of Pax: 10
- Pax Names: Boone, Deuce, Fixer Upper, Forrest, Frito, Native, Super Why, SUP, Tik-Tok, Zeppelin
- Number of FNGs:
We started with the disclaimer & a quick warmup of good mornings, inchworm walkouts & world’s greatest stretch in the deck, then we moseyed to the front of the Cary Arts Center.
In front of the Arts Center, Frito explained the workout – “grinders” (as I read on the FiA Cape Fear backblasts) – and we continued our warm up by practicing a few reps each of the exercises to make sure everyone knew the moves, including single leg deadlifts with knee to chest, forward lunges with a twist, X-jumps (in cadence!!), crab kicks (although apparently Zeppelin & Fixer Upper thought Frito said “crab cakes”!), and boat to canoe.
Then, pax counted off into 3 groups and began the “grinders”. Group #1 traveled from the Cary Arts Center (“Site A”) down to the old library site (“Site B”) and began an exercise (written on a stack of index cards left at Site B). While Group #1 traveled, Group #2 and Group #3 began an exercise at Site A (written on a stack of index cards left there). When Group #1 arrived at their destination, Group #2 headed to Site B, and when they arrived Group #1 returned to Site A, and Group #3 then traveled to Site B, etc.
Each time a group arrived at the site, they did a new exercise (repeating as many times as time allowed) – visiting each site 4 times and doing each exercise set, and then all pax returned to Site A. The exercises were (reps often equal either 9 or 27 since today is 9/27!):
- side shuffle + squat jumps
- 20 crab kicks + 7 boat to canoe
- 3 single leg deadlift + knee to chest – right leg, 3 single leg deadlift + knee to chest – left leg, 3 burpees
- 9 Carolina dry docks + 18 X-jumps
- 10 tricep dips + 17 Hallelujahs
- forward lunges with a twist (alternating sides)
- squat + side leg lift (alternating sides)
- 22 imperial walkers + 5 pushups
After the grinders, pax did a 9/27 planks circuit – which included 9 segments of 27 second plank-related exercises. Frito had a timer ready and we did the following moves for 27 seconds each (total is approx 4.5 minutes including 3 second transition time between moves):
- side plank right – knee to elbow
- side plank left – knee to elbow
- mountain climbers
- side plank right – arm crunches under your chest
- side plank left – arm crunches under you chest
- low plank saw (shift forward over elbows and then backwards towards heels)
- side plank right – hip dips
- side plank left – hip dips
- Brooke Burkes (low plank hip dips alternating side to side)
Frito shared the COT and we did name-o-rama. Thanks for joining on this beautiful fall day!!