- Beatdown: Hunter Games
- Beatdown Date: 09/03/2020
- QiC: Mary Lou
- Number of Pax: 18
- Pax Names: Beethoven, Breezy (respect), Bullet, Crisco, Helium, Hootie (respect), Jigsaw, Native, Pandora, Phelps, Playa, Tik-Tok, Van Gogh (roar), Walkman, Wilson, Zeppelin
- Number of FNGs: 0
Active Warm up around the pickles incorporating jog, high knees, butt kicks, shuffles, hip open and closers, lunge walks, and jog with arm circles.
We then moseyed to the large parking lot for a 10 round beat down:
Cones placed halfway across the parking lot. We completed 10 reps at the start, 10 at the middle and 10 at the end of the parking lot with a mosey back to the start line. That was one round. Rinse and repeat through round 10!
- Burpee with a tuck jump
- Lateral lunge with a hop
- Carolina Dry Docks
- Squat thrusts (in plank position jump feet in while lifting arms into a loooooow squat position, jump feet back to plank)
- Plank Jacks
- Alternating lunge jumps, or single leg backward lunge to a hop (pax choice!)
- Peter Parker Merkins
- Smurf Jacks
- Go-Goes (Q called go, pax sprint forward, Q calls go, pax sprints backward, go go go go alternating direction on each called go…10 goes; Rinse and repeat x2)
We moseyed back to our mats for a pax choice Abs. Crisco was put on the spot then we went alphabetically up to Native with big girl situps, ankle biters, bicycles, lbcs, supermans and belly down ankle biters as the called exercises.
The QiC was beat today so it was a lot of leading from behind. It was humbling and I was grateful for the opportunity to lead such strong women who encourage and support (especially when the Q doesn’t have the energy to pep up the group herself!). THANK YOU!
COT was from 1 Thes. 5:16-18–“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” I read an excerpt from Get Out of Your Head by Jennie Allen about the benefits of gratitude. Short story is…it’s really good for you, it’s God’s will for you, and once you stop it’s hard to stop! Go and be thankful for something today, and give Glory to God who is the giver of ALL good things!
Peace and Grace,